History of the Congregation

In 1849, Elizabeth Eppinger, Mother Alfons Maria, founded our congregation in their home community of Niederbronn/Alsace, the

"Sisters of the Divine Saviour (Schwestern vom Göttlichen Erlöser)
or Niederbronn Sisters (Niederbronner Schwestern)".

Since the beginning, their primary concern has been focused on the poor, the sick and the disadvantaged. Through their devotion to those in need for help, God's merciful love would be experienced. The Niederbronn Sisters live and work in Europe, Africa, India and South America.

"De Fontibus Salvatoris"
From the sources of the Saviour.

The motto of our congregation points to Jesus Christ, the Saviour. Through him, the boundless love of God has been made visible and tangible. This is the very source from which we live. Following his example, we also want to perceive a human in his entirety and meet him in awe and appreciation – whatever his religion and social status might be.

Link to Province of Germany and Austria:
www.schwestern-vom-goettlichen-erloeser.de